For 28 years, Grandpa Olson and I have shared the same birthday. I can't think of a better person to share it with. I have always thought that my birthday was extra special because I shared it with him. He is such a special person, a wonderful father, grandfather and great-grandfather. I have so many wonderful memories of him when I was a child. From "Niki-niki-tembo" to "The Pig Who Wouldn't Jump Over The Stile". He is a great story-teller. I am especially grateful to Grandpa Olson for his service in the Navy in WWII. I am only now starting to realize the sacrifices that he and so many from his generation made for our generation. So thank you Grandpa, we love you so much, and thank you for your service and love. Happy Birthday!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Happy Birthday Jill and grandpa Olson!
Your birthday is on September 11th! Wow. And you share it with your grandpa! That is so cool! I love it! Would you believe Monty and I have the same birthday! Crazy huh! Anyway...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! What did you do?! How old is your grandpa?
Ahh, Jilly! Happy Birthday my sweet friend. Thank you for sharing that lovely tribute to your Grandpa! I hope you had wonderful day!! Luv, Becky
Post a Comment