Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween

Cousin Picture
From the left: Lucy (Red Riding Hood), Isaac (Jedi), Laurelle (cute witch), Addison (winter Belle), Jolie (butterfly/fairy), Kolby (wolf-man)


Isaac was a Jedi (convincing huh?)

Lucy was Little Red Riding Hood (cute huh?)
We had a really fun Halloween this year. For months, Isaac has been wanting a Jedi costume for Halloween. And Lucy, well, she is still at an age where I can dress her up in any cute costume I want (we'll see how long that lasts). My mom helped me make these costumes last week. I am so glad that we live close to eachother! I think I am starting to get a hang of this sewing thing (well, I can handle a couple of capes anyway).

This year was a little different from previous years. In years past, I would dress the kids up in the morning and take them everywhere (my moms work, Duane's work, etc). This year Isaac is in school, and they are not allowed to wear costumes to school (which I support, because it is too distracting). Duane is on vacation, so we didn't go to his work. My mom is off on Fridays, so we didn't go to her work either. So I had to wait all day long! By the time it was time to get ready, Isaac and Lucy had zonked out on the couch! I guess the anticipation had worn them out. We woke them up and got them ready. Duane took them around our neighborhood to trick-or-treat, while I stayed at home to hand out candy to our neighborhood kids. It was so much fun. When the kids got back, we headed over to our church for the trunk-or-treat. While there, we caught up with my brother and his kids. Then we headed to my moms to make our last trick-or-treat stop. The kids had lots of fun, and they got lots of candy. All in all , I think it was a success!

7 comments:

Sarah Rock said...

You are amazing! Do you have your own sewing machine? I want to make Chloie clothes. I think it's the coolest to make your own stuff. I bet it takes time though. I want to learn all the little tricks so bad. I want a sewing machine for Christmas but I told myself I couldn't have one unless I borrowed one from the library and used it before Christmas. You have motivated me. I'm going to do it tonight! :)

Allison Holmes said...

Wow you made those! I love Lucy's costume - and I LOVE the fact that we can dress our little ones up how we want to! Lets see how long that lasts...

Chris Robinson said...

Sounds like you still had a lot of fun. I am sure Isaac and Lucy were ready to go back to sleep by the end of it. I am glad you were all able to get together by the end of the night. The kids all look great!

Jill Land said...

I think I need to clarify some things: I did not make Lucy's dress in this picture. (I wish I had that much talent, maybe some day). I bought that dress from the Children's Place. I thought it would be so cute for the costume and as a Christmas dress too. So, the only things that we made were Lucy's cape, Isaac's outer jacket, and his inner jacket. He wore some old church pants and some rubber boots to complete the look.

Palazuelos Family said...

I LOVE LUCY'S costume.....WAY CUTE, I might have to steal the idea for my Lucy next Halloween:)

Becky and Ryan said...

Wow, Issac looks like he knows his way around a lighsaber. I love the group shot. Miss Lucy is ADorable!!

So did her cousin the wolf try to get her?

Monty and Kristin said...

great costumes! Looks like it's a year to remember!