Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day



As we go about our day today, enjoying the day off, playing with family and friends, I hope we will all take a moment and think about all those brave men and women who sacrificed their lives to bring us the freedoms we are enjoying today.

I feel truly blessed to be able to exercise my freedoms of religion and speech, and to have the right to vote. And I am proud to be a citizen of a nation who fights for the rights and freedoms not only of their own country, but for others.

I am proud to be a daughter, granddaughter, great-granddaughter (and so on) of men who served in the military.

Thank you to all who have served and who are currently serving, for preserving our freedoms.

2 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

AMEN!! We are so lucky, but we didn't gain all our freedoms without the price that so many have paid. I think if everyone understood this principle better everyone would support the troops with all their hearts! Thanks for the post.

Becky and Ryan said...

Thanks for the post, I wanted to post on veterans day but never got around to posting. I agree, we need to remember why we have these special days. Bless the USA.