Saturday, May 31, 2008

Disneyland/California Adventure

Isaac getting soaked at California Adventure (with cousin Nicholas (grey shirt)).

Lucy's favorite was the Carosel (we went on that one twice).


The Squirt Park, where Isaac got soaked with cousin Nora (purple shirt).





Isaac loved riding the Carosel too. Especially the horses with the red saddles (red is his favorite color).



Before starting our day we ate our sandwiches and snacks in the shade.

The kids and I went to California Adventure this week with my sisters-in-law Denise and Darla and their kids. We had so much fun. The kids found this area in California Adventure where water squirts out of the ground (which has the effect of jumping from one spot to another). The kids thought it was great! Of course they got soaked in the process. Fortunately for Isaac I had brought his swim trunks in such an event. Unfortunately we didn't get them on till after he was soaked. So Isaac spent the rest of the day in his swim trunks. Lucy, after getting squirted in the face with the water avoided getting more wet, so she only had to change her shirt.

After California Adventure we went to Disneyland where the kids rode the Buzz Lightyear ride and shot all of the targets with their laser guns. As we left that ride we (or I should say the kids) discovered that Disneyland had strategically placed a gift shop just after the exit of the ride. This is where I became a "sucker-mom" and purchased 2 light-up, beeping Buzz guns for my kids. Oh well, they had a lot of fun with them for the rest of the day. We had a great day and all of the kids were so well behaved (I might even venture to do that again).

3 comments:

Chris Robinson said...

I love the new look. I can't wait to see your family in a few weeks!
Lucy is huge. Oh my goodness the picture of her on the carousel horse, she looks so long. Isaac, of course looks bigger and bigger with every picture I see of him. Isaac looks so much like you, especially the one with him on the horse. Lucy looks so much like Duane. I can really see it in your family pic.
I still can't believe we haven't seen you for a whole year. I am so ready to be there already.

Chris Robinson said...

Jill, I was looking at my contacts in my email account and realized I don't have your gmail address. Will you email it to me? Thanks

The basics said...

Your pics are so cute, we need to go agian this month if we can together this time inside of just on the same day! Lucky dogs give G.G. a kiss for us! till we can get down there.