Monday, May 19, 2008

White Doughnuts??


This morning on my way home from work I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some breakfast for the kids, so I wouldn't have to make anything when I got home. Isaac loves powdered doughnuts, so I picked up some of those among other things. When I got home I was setting everything out and talking with Duane about my shift, Lucy came in and started eating, so Duane went upstairs to get ready for his day. As he passed Isaac (who was still sleepy) they had this conversation.
Duane: Wake up Isaac.
Isaac: Morning Dad.
Duane: Morning Isaac, guess what?
Isaac: What?
Duane: Mommy's home and she brought some doughnuts for breakfast.
(Isaac closed his eyes for a few moments, still sleepy).
Isaac: (with his eyes still closed) ...white doughnuts??
Duane: Yeah.
(Isaac, very alert, jumped out of bed and ran downstairs for some breakfast).
"Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper".
-Adelle Davis

2 comments:

Chris Robinson said...

so cute. I love how kids perk right up when they hear something they want. Call me when you are awake enough to talk.

Anonymous said...

tanner said white donuts are his favorite food too? what? no it isn't I say! he's so weird!