As my family sat "reverently" during the Sacrament portion of the meeting, Lucy anxiously asked for her ration of fruit snacks to get her through the meeting.
Jill: No, not till after the bread and water.
Lucy: want snacks!
Jill: Not yet, lets look at your book.
Lucy: want SNACK!
(Jill gets emergency pacifier from pocket).
Small boy sitting behind us: Mom, I want fruit snacks.
Mom sitting behind us: Not till after the bread and water.
Small boy: Mom, I want some fruit snacks, please.
Isaac turns around to the small boy behind us.
Isaac (in not so reverent voice): Not till after the bread and water!
Later....
Voice from behind us: uh-oh.
(Dad from behind us quickly carries small boy out of meeting with hand cupped under small boy's chin).
Another small boy: What happened?
Mom: He is sick.
Boy (in not so quiet voice): Oh, did he puke??
Through the giggles, I turn and tell the mother, Happy Mothers Day.
Happy Mothers Day to all mothers!
... especially the mothers of the small, sometimes-not-so-reverent, "puking", children.




2 comments:
Oh, the joys of motherhood!
Happy Mom's Day, by the way!
I just checked my blog. Yes, I finished The Host. I wrote you an email. So write me and tell me what you thought. Love You
Post a Comment