Sunday, August 31, 2008

School Shirt

Ever since the Kindergarten Orientation, Isaac has been begging for a school shirt. You see, every Friday, all the kids in school are supposed to wear their school shirt to show their school spirit. Unfortunately, whenever we happened to pass by the PTA members who were selling them, I never had the necessary cash on me to buy one. Well, on Friday, Isaac reminded me before we left the house on the way to school, to get the money. I assured him that I had the necessary funds. So on we went. As we drew near the PTA leaders and the coveted shirts, Isaac (in the most endearing and sweetest voices I've ever heard) asked if we could get him a shirt. We purchased one and we changed his shirt right there in front of the school. He was so thrilled! You would have thought it was Christmas! Needless to say, he wore it to bed that night.

Isaac has had a great first week in Kindergarten. He has a great teacher, and is so excited about going to school each day. On Saturday, he woke up and was eager to get ready for school. I reminded him that he doesn't go to school on Saturdays and Sundays. And he replied, "well, I don't want to go to church!". (I'm not sure what to make of that). I hope that he isn't too sad when we don't go to school tomorrow (Labor Day).

After I took the picture of Isaac (top), Lucy was eager to share in the excitement, and grabbed her backpack and posed as well. She loves walking Isaac to his class (and she insists that she wear her backpack en route as well). She misses her brother so much while he is in school, and is always asking, "where's Isaac?". But they seem to be getting along much better when he gets back. There has been less fighting and more laughing. So no complaints here!
I have also discovered that I may in fact be a morning person! I know! Who would have thought? Yes, ever since Isaac started school, I have been getting so much accomplished! It is amazing. It seems I have tapped into this amazing source of energy! I have time to do so much! After I drop off Isaac, from 8am to 11am, I am able to complete projects that before seemed much too difficult! It's a miracle! (We'll see how long it lasts!).

4 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

I love the shirt! School pride in Kindergarten--awesome!
I hate getting up in the morning!! However, I must agree with you...when I do it is great! I'm interested to hear how long it lasts!
That's so great Isaac loves school so much! Our Kyle is the same way! I think they'd be great friends if given the chance!!

Becky and Ryan said...

That is too cute. He really does love that shirt. What cuties!

Anonymous said...

Jill I love it!! Sounds like he was ready & is going to excel ~ I love that he has a great teacher! Miss you guys!

Familia Bethers said...

All grown up! Love the school spirit too. We sure miss you guys, I can't believe he's in kindergarten already.