Well Conference was great, as usual. It seems as I get older, I appreciate conference weekend even more, and I look forward to the next one more each time.
After conference was over this year, we had a family birthday party to celebrate Lucy's birthday as well as others in our family. We had a great after conference dinner and party. With the Land family, you can never go wrong with food. Yummy! Anyway, we celebrated Lucy's 3rd birthday, and boy did she make out this year. Ever since Christmas, when her cousins Eva and Lilly got dress up clothes, she has been wanting some of her own. I never thought that a daughter of mine would be such a girly-girl! (Actually, she is pretty well balanced, she likes the girly-girl stuff, but as many of you know, she is not afraid to get down and dirty with the rest of them!) So anyway, she was given many a dress-up dress (including jewelry all that). She loved it. She even got some Barbies, she loves them!
Here is a picture of her opening some of that jewelry...
After presents, she blew out her candles, and if you look closely, you will see the soon to be "near-disaster".
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Conference, Lucy's Birthday ... and near disaster!
Anyway, she had a great time with all of her family. She turned 3 mostly unscathed.
Lucy is such a "fun-filled" member of our family. She is so loving. She is my "wild-child". She definitely keeps me on my toes, but I don't know what I would do without her. I love watching her sleep, and I love watching her and Isaac play together. They both bring so much joy to my life. She is growing up so fast!!
Posted by Jill Land at 8:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Jill you are such a grown up now. Listening to you talk about how you could see your life without Lucy and how much you love them and are proud of them. It is really amazing how fast time goes by. Your family is wonderful. and I'm glad Lucy didn't burn all her hair off. :)
Ahhh! As soon as I saw that pic I was like 'omgosh Lucy's hair is on fire'
Wow glad she is OK and most of her beautiful hair in still intact. Happy birthday to her!
Wow! I bet that was scary! Thank-goodness it all turned out okay. I can't believe she is three, but then I have to remember that she was born a month after Bowen! Wow how time goes by!
I can't believe her hair caught fire!! AHHH!! I would have done just what you did. Glad no harm was done and thanks for the lesson learned. Wow, the rest looks like fun!:)
Post a Comment