Thursday, December 4, 2008

Defining TENACIOUS

tenacious [tuh-ney-shuhs] –adjective
1. holding fast; characterized by keeping a firm hold (often fol. by of): a tenacious grip on my arm; tenacious of old habits.
2. highly retentive: a tenacious memory.
3. pertinacious, persistent, stubborn, or obstinate.
4. adhesive or sticky; viscous or glutinous.
5. holding together; cohesive; not easily pulled asunder; tough
6. Lucy Land

My dear sweet Lucy is characterized well by the word tenacious (as you can see, in more ways than one). She has been called many things ("little pistol", "so cute", "a handful", "a little booger", "slightly stubborn", etc.). For example, as we prepare to enter the grocery store she firmly announces that she wants no part of "the cart", and she stiffens her ENTIRE body and will not sit down in the cart.
I can only hope that she uses this same Iron WILL and chooses the right as she faces the tough decisions of her youth.
Can you believe that Duane has the audacity to blame me and my side of the family for this particular behavioral trait!?!
That's okay, I'll take whatever credit I can for this little one. She may be a "little stinker", but she is MY little stinker. And I love her forever for it!

(oh, by the way, this is a picture of her following some time with some of my make up, please note the comb stuck in her hair).

3 comments:

Allison Holmes said...

Haha Lucy and Melia must have gotten together and came up with plans to make their mothers go bonkers!! Melia does the exact same thing at the store
It makes me laugh how much our girls are alike!

Monty and Kristin said...

Monty blames me for my kids not so pleasent traits too! I think your little Lucy is totally adorable!! To me she looks like total fun!! Well, minus the stiff as a board trick!! Mine always want to push the cart! I HATE that..especially when they run into people and I have to try and apologize! Anyway...she's a doll!!;)

Ginny said...

I love it! Isn't it amazing how young these lil stinkers can exhibit traits like...tenacious?! My boy's go-to move: the screeching scream :o